Thursday, May 31, 2012

Favorite Things

I saw a post like this one time and was 'counting my blessings' the other day.
Now I realize these pictures do not include any people...they would be in a post entitled 
"My Favorite-est Things". So here goes....


A BIG mug of tea...it takes 2 tea bags to make it strong enough...iced in the summer and hot in the winter...with a bit of sugar (I'm not a saint)
What kind of tea?  The classic Red Rose is usually in my house...I probably have about 50 of those little glass figurines...wonder if I could auction them off? And then any other flavor that is not too expensive at the bulk food stores.


Another favorite thing....I don't like to wash floors....so fill the spray bottle with vinegar water or some kind on non-rinsing cleaner ....spray the floor and wipe with the microfiber swiffer-type thingy...  Now I will probably have to go into a witness protection program because I don't get down on my hands and knees and scrub my floor. I was taught better.

My not-so trusty mixer...it is the 4th one in as many years....it keeps giving out within a year and they keep replacing it. We are almost at a year again I hope this one either gives out soon, or gives me a few years....I really do like it.


Flip-flops that I can wear! I normally have very sore feet from wearing anything but shoes w/ good inserts....maybe it's the brand name...I don't own any other item with that brand on it...



And last but not least...my 24 year old sewing machine! I have had it to be repaired only once...and that was because one of my boys...Ben I think, decided to use the various slots as 
repositories for buttons and pins.



2 comments:

  1. Its funny that you have trouble with your Kitchenaide, I have had mine for 13ish years and its like brand new still...I just adore it! I bought my mother a refurbed one from Ebay a few years back and its been going strong, too. Praying that yours is a good one this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris!
    You asked how I got an update on my blog. I went thru our agency - Lifeline. They offer an update once you get PA so I went ahead and did it. BUT they sent us younger pics and wrong measurements. Oh well- we are very thankful for the pics and the answered questions!

    In the past I have gone thru Ann at Red Thread China and we will be doing it again because I would LOVE to have recent pics of our daughter and more answered questions!

    BTW- I love my mixer but probably don't use it enough to have it break and I love flip flops- in the house and out of the house!

    Blessings to you!!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete