Thursday, August 2, 2012

Creek Hiking With Daddy

 This tradition started years ago...I never went along. I think the first time I probably stayed home either because there was a baby or I was on ambulance duty.
 Since then it has evolved into a Daddy/kids thing and I stay at home and prepare for the clean-up.
 I think we had to skip last year because Joseph was in casts and fixator most of the summer.
 But this year he made it...not fast, but he made it!
 Some Fungi growing in a log...("Houa is this oyster mushroom?")
 The spot for a yearly pose...

 They told Faith to look thoughtful...
 They are going to round out the night with a sleep out in the cabin.
 Daddy is in charge of the food...hot dogs and baked beans...not sure what they have for breakfast. This is the first time I joined them for supper...but I ruin it. Every time someone spills something, they look to mom, when they wonder where the cups were packed they ask me. This is supposed to be a daddy bonding time.
See the can of beans sitting on the side of the fire ring?...no kettles to wash. Faith did ask me what time the foxes come out and if they will come to the cabin. I dearly hope that the coyotes don't howl tonite. There has been a fox walking through our yard in the early morning, but I think he is just sniffing the hen house.   Now I'm off to read a book in the quiet...zzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment