Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Twas the Day before Thanksgiving

  This quilt was delivered on Monday. Before you get any ideas, these are orders and I don't think up the color or the design. I just follow orders. Sometimes I am thankful that I can give that disclaimer, but other times I wish I had all those great ideas. The color does not show right on this picture. The sash between the "flying geese" should be a brownish gray...very old looking. The purple and "rust" are true to the real color.
   Fitting gloves on our little girl's hands poses some challenges so this year I drew around her hand and made gloves out of a felted wool sweater that I had picked up at Goodwill. She was delighted to get to use them in the snow today. I was pleased with how well the fabric kept her hands dry considering she was carrying a "pet" snowball around for about 40 minutes.
Yes for the record we had about 3" of wet snow/slush today...too wet for the snow blower to toss off the drive.

Now early to rise and to put the turkey in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment