Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Shekinah--Unfiltered

I actually don't know if that is a good title, but we'll go with it. Life is spiced by that girl in so many ways.  Just recently:

We were scheduled to clean a section of out elementary school, so as soon as the students were out of there I hiked the girls in there and we started. The teachers were still roaming the halls and one of them found me scrubbing the toilets. She said, "we were talking out there, and wondered, did you name Shekinah before or after you met her? She is so aptly named!" Irascible? yes she is!


There is such intensity in this child, and one day she spouts, " I hate this family, I don't like anyone, I don't want my sisters!" sometimes she adds "I want to live somewhere else."   (Now this usually comes after one of those incidents where someone crossed purposes with her.)  Later the same day she will smile broadly and proclaim " I like this family."

On Saturday, Ben planned to bring his girlfriend (J) in the afternoon and she was staying for supper, energy ran high all day. Shekinah raced around cleaning and willingly cleaned "the big living room". If you know my house, you know that is quite a job, it needed a few touch-ups but she did great. At one point during the day I ended up in a bit of an argument (who me?) with one of the older children and she marched out to daddy in the garage and told him, "do you hear that!? Mama is in there dealing with that all by herself! I think you should check!"

Then finally the great moment! Poor (J) couldn't rid herself of Little Miss. To be fair this wasn't the first meeting so I'm not worried about attachment and all that, but somehow Shekinah sorta thought that Ben brought his friend over for her entertainment. Unfortunately, the funniest moment can't be blogged.
The other week my DIL saw the cutest sock owls on pinterest, so of course

since the looked so simple

we had to try them. They're not really simple.

Even Joe got in on the challenge...his remained wingless
as did some of Hope's. We still have more socks 
but somehow they aren't begging to make more.

Then we had a birthday...Fun times around the corner!
We are finding out exactly how easy or hard it is
to get driving license when you wear bilateral prosthesis.
I may need to do an informational post on that cause it isn't easy 
to find this information out there.


The other very cold Saturday we went bowling

" It was FUN mom!"
I didn't know the ball could roll that slowly and still manage to rattle all the pins.
She loved the shoes and thought we should get her some.

The boys/men were along,but somehow I don't have pictures of them, they had a lane beside ours
without gutter bumpers. They needed a challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. Those little owls are very cute! Was that a cinnamon roll birthday cake? :-) Shekinah-isms are so interesting...keep them coming! I sure enjoy your pictures...they are so down to earth and feel comfy and homey!!

    ReplyDelete