Sunday, January 14, 2018

Can't it Just Be Normal?


Life this past week was crazy! Early dismissal's for ice.
Restrictions for one of my older kids.
Two-hour delays a couple of times, and 
Mom getting a fever and operating at half speed for two days.
May we be "normal" this week?
OK now I'm finished whining.

Shekinah came home with a "surprise" she pulled out the lovely snaggly top tooth at school.
The other night she cried and fussed while she pulled out that bottom tooth,
tho' that experience apparently gave her the bravery to pull the top one on her own.
She was a bit indignant, "I still can't eat! I have all these holes
 and food keeps falling out of my mouth!"


I'm really liking my new cabinet color, and the handles.
The counter top remains beige, we need to find a weekend without sickness 
or super-cold temps. 

Now the counter top? Dark I'm thinking, but none of the prefab stuff is quite the right color.
Do you think it would be some sort of crime to repaint new counter top? I would have painted the current one if it wasn't in such bad shape. The stove hood, I guess white? One of the kids thought red to give me my red accents, but I guess not. I'm going to have to add red in smaller increments.

BTW the microwave has managed to stay cleared off for two weeks. How long does it take to make a new habit? I'm hoping not too much longer.

Hope was working on her photography skills yesterday.


We had two of us down with fever and something going on with our throats this week and now Faith added another twist last night. She spent the night being friends with a bucket, this morning she managed gingered hot coke, applesauce and saltines.... And is feeling better. I'm hoping we don't all have to share her experience.
The Coke drink is quite good, they served it in China after one of the meals we had with the orphanage folks. And I keep the option in the back of my mind.

Now I'm going to snuggle up with a book and maybe take a nap. But Jan Karon's latest book might keep me reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment