Sunday, May 20, 2018

5K, Mother's Day, Baby Showers

Last Saturday there was a 5K in town, the proceeds benefited our local fire company and ambulance. I wasn't ambitious enough to run in a 5K but I figured I could participate by handing out water at the half-way spot. I convinced the girls to come with me.
We were in position a bit early so we wandered around in a very old grave yard- some of the dates were in the 1700's. Shekinah noticed an odd thing
"Mom, why did they bury them if they were just "at rest"?





S:  One lady said "Thank you sweetheart" I felt like saying, "You're welcome sweetie."



We visited grandma High and  tried on some clothes from the great-grandma era.


I don't have any Mother's Day pictures of my children--some of them didn't get the memo that they should pose happily for that kind of thing. 
I did get a surprise via Fed Ex on Saturday...the lilies came the whole way from CA in a box.
The coffee drinks, chocolate and black licorice were from hubby--he knows me well.

The flowers took all week to open.

Hope and I went for a quick field trip before school is over.
We actually both had gift cards so we had the best kind of field trip--free!

Friday evening we held a baby shower for Ben and Jana...I managed a picture of the cake!
Thanks to Pinterest, yes I did make it.

Then Saturday, another Mother's Day gift arrived! Tea and biscuits the whole way from UK.
I intend to sit down with an Agatha Christie mystery and a cuppa.
There probably won't be a picture.

The 50 ducks that I ordered for decoration at the baby shower came in 
handy when we baby-sat the grands Sat. night.
Scattering them far and wide was great fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment