Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Cabins, Monarch Butterflies, and Butterfly books

Cabin with cousins, we should have taken better pictures as everyone 
managed to be there for at least part of the time this year.

Next year our family hopes to be in China for part of the summer and my brother hopes to spend some time in Canada so next summer will look a bit differently.


Cousins

Hudson and Grandma selfie

Chick Fila free food day!
Hubby worried that I would meet someone who knew him....didn't -as far as I know.


Band of merry...pirates, princes, and princesses

When it rains and rains and rains, you need umbrellas.

So Parker discovered the butterfly book that was his daddy's.
We gave it to his daddy for his 6th birthday and now Parker drags it everywhere.
Grandpa was re-living the days when life was a bit simpler....at least I think it was.

Madam Shekinah has a dishwashing job, but she HATES
getting a wet belly. So I got a brainstorm and made her a waterproof
apron. I should have made it a bib-apron,but we just tie it up high enough.

The heat got to me the other day and I cried "Uncle"...Uncle Leroy that is.
He sells reconditioned air conditioners. Started the season with 90 used air conditioners 
and when I called him, he was down to about 7.
Excuse the mess, one side is a pile of wedding gifts,
 Zeke is invited to 5 weddings in the next several weeks.
The other half of the "mess" is a certain person's that doesn't see the need to clean up.

And this is my mess, I was praying we get some beans to "put up"
Uncle Leroy to the rescue again, he planted more than his children can use
and I get the leftovers...this year at least.

How can he be 23?
I guess because the older one turned 27 and you know....I turned--never mind.

Some of our crop of monarch butterflies...well the chrysalis...chrysali? 

Those tiny white dots are monarch eggs....we know because DH watched the butterfly deposit them...we'll see if they hatch into caterpillars.

No comments:

Post a Comment