Monday, November 19, 2018

My New Hobby

A few weeks ago I posted a photo of a side of leather and mentioned that I'm starting a new hobby.
I'm not really sure why I'm starting a new hobby...maybe it has something to do with being over 50.
They say you should make your brain learn new things so that it stays sharp. This isn't something as crazy as teaching myself to brush my teeth with my left hand, but there are a few things I'm needing to learn.
The terminology about the types of tanning.
The different techniques of hand-stitching leather.
I am quite pleased with my first results.
Oh, someone asked me why I'm selling leather bags...
well, over a year ago we had a family discussion about going back to China for a visit. We thought that the summer after Joseph graduates would be a good time...turns out that Hope will be graduating at the same time. The time-frame seemed like plenty of time to save up those extra dollars that were bound to be lying around...yeah- well. Time to get to work.

So that is why, I started a new hobby...fabric bags sell too, but leather is in a class of its own.


This bag is 10" wide by 10-1/2 " high and 2" wide
Hand stitched
from 4 oz  leather
It has a cross-body removable strap
An inside pocket for your phone
Oh and the leather scent is free!
$90
From now till December 15 shipping will be free.
Use the Paypal button on the sidebar.



This bag is larger
It measures 15" across the top and 11" across the bottom
12-1/2" high   4" wide
also has a cross body adjustable strap , a snap closure
and an inside pocket
$125--free shipping until December 15
Use the Paypal button on the sidebar.





back












I'm working on a wallet type thing too, but need to work out some kinks in the design process.


No comments:

Post a Comment