Wednesday, October 19, 2011

No Cast and Leg Fittings

I was almost concerned that Joseph would refuse to accompany me to his Phila visit this AM. He was so worried that it would hurt to take off the cast and that there would be blood.
Well this is what he saw when they removed the cast. Pic is a bit light...but no blood, just some dried out wrinkled skin.  The Dr's were so happy with his results...he is going to need to do the work from here on out.  Splint at night, and work the wrist during the day. I was a bit surprised we aren't doing PT, but we will see how "mom PT" goes. If we have too many crying evenings like tonite, I will be requesting PT by a professional.
 Thumb is still not in the right position, so we have another stint with the fixator in our future, but we will see if we can arrange it after next summer so that he can go swimming.



Then on to some socket fittings for his legs. He was cast 4 weeks ago and they were ready to try on the sockets. They temporarily attached the feet to see how they feel.

I have a video of him walking but it is sideways and I don't know how to right it! He did pretty  well and didn't use his favorite 4-letter word too often...(hurt)
Now we get to pick out some cool fabric to do the outside of his legs. I sort of talked him into it when I told him he can go to the fabric store and pick out whatever. (maybe I'd better clarify "whatever")  Maybe he will pick "skin" after all.

2 comments:

  1. It's OT he should get for the hand and you should definitely call Shreiber Pediatric--do it now as they schedule pretty far out. Natalie's progress has been amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just look at that smile! Praying for hope and joy to grow deep within that sweet boy's heart. I am so thankful that he has y'all.

    ReplyDelete