Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rehearsal Dinner

The countdown is started...mine that is....in 2 days I will officially
be a MIL
Tonite, the rehearsal dinner, will be simple....can you guess what it
is. Lots of wonderful smelling meats and cheese in my fridge and good
home made rolls - at least I hope I didn't forget the salt in any of the
batches of dough.
The dresses are finished and since I'm mother of the groom I just sit
around and worry if they are forgetting anything...am I forgetting
anything...will they get to the airport on time on Sun AM...should I
text them....nah! Time to cut the apron strings.
Maybe I will find an old apron and do exactly that! My mother
officially gave me the ties from an old apron to symbolize that I was
grown up and taking charge of my own home. Is that just an old PA Dutch
saying?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun!!

    I would TOTALLY be so tempted to text them! Funny!

    And cutting the apron strings...nope, that's not just a Dutch saying. I've heard it for years in the Midwest too!

    Congratulations on becoming a MIL! I'm sure everything will go smoothly and it will be a wonderful day!

    Enjoy it to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. better take some photos for us! can't wait to hear all about the wedding. where are they going on their honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the wedding photos! Oh please post!!!

    As for the apron strings, us Californians use it too probably from some our PA Dutch that decided to move West!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it went well and now you're happily a MIL! Congratulations and God's peace on the newlyweds. Hope they made it to the airport on time :)

    ReplyDelete