Wednesday, April 2, 2014

They Say the Craziest Things

I wish I had Dorcas Smucker's ability to turn the everyday comments of my family into an essay. I don't, so I'll just have to do a few "quote of the day" memories.

Last night they decided to show Joseph how marshmallows expand in the microwave.  They neglected to remember that you need to butter your dish or at least have chocolate and graham cracker beneath the marshmallow.  I put my marshmallow on top of a chocolate cookie and illustrated the principle. So as Ezekiel was scraping the last bits of marshmallow from his dish he was heard to mutter "So there are more than three ways to skin a flamingo."

At lunch time Shekinah and I usually share a glass of water (fewer dirty dishes) and according to one web site I'm improving her immunity.  The other day though she observed me taking a drink after she drank out of the cup, "Ha ha mama!" she chortled "You will grow up to be a Shekinah!"
I informed her that she will grow up to be a mama because I drank from the glass before she did.


At the supper table tonight, the boys were trying to come up with a more efficient way to do laundry. Plans involved chutes from the bathroom to the washer in the garage and another tube that employed suction to bring the wet laundry from the garage to the basement where the laundry usually dries in front of the wood stove. Joseph noted "someone really should make something to hang up the laundry."
I advised him, "they did already make something, they come as tiny little beings with arms and legs, you have to feed them for awhile and let them grow. AND SOMETIMES, they come as 10 year old boys..." I had to stop from the force of the rolling eyeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment