Monday, June 29, 2015

Coffee and Dentist Visits

So today was the day of appointments- four dentist appointments 
and an appointment with a very unexpected person.
When I told the hygienist at Shekinah's dentist appointment that we are not sure how her teeth will be since she has ectrodactyly. I explained that sometimes there are missing adult teeth and sometimes they just have bad teeth. She looked at me and said, "do you know that ectrodactyly is a form of ectodermal displasia." I said , "yes." and in the back of my mind was thinking, "not many people know that term."
She said, "my son has that."
We went on to a very good discussion, her son is 25 and she was the first professional that sat down and went over some of the things I had read.
Was thankful again to realize that those tears she shed and the spit she can send flying are wonderful because some ectro- kids don't have enough saliva or tears.
She sweats well...another thing for which to be thankful.
She also offered to lend an ear if needed.
Found out that Shekinah will be visiting the dentist quite a few times this summer as she has about six cavities that need filling. She did great with the cleaning, I can only hope she does as well with the rest....if the older siblings can keep their mouths SHUT!


Then off to coffee and sticky buns with friends.

While a cute princess locked my daughter in a cage!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have friends like those in your post! I love meeting up with them whenever possible.
    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete