Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Stress Balls and Other Stuff

A quick game of Chook toss

After daddy brought in the newly finished game
There are 3 more for sale with "chooks"

Then because  D____ had one at school we needed to make stress balls too

Fill a balloon with flour and add 2 more layers of balloons and a "mask"
See the video here

They weren't perfect but it was sorta fun. No one made me a stress ball tho'
maybe because I don't have stress?

For weeks my dryer was making a noise similar to a kindergarten on candy canes, or 
a number of small animals with their tails caught in a door,  or
...well you get the idea. He had tried to take the dryer apart a few weeks ago and gave up
"they probably don't want people fixing these things"
We put most of the Christmas bonus in the savings account because we were sure that one of these days there would be no more screeching and the dryer would just give up.
The other night tho, he was perusing a fix-it site and saw the proper way to get to the guts of this dryer. He found the problem, called the appliance store and -small miracle- they had the parts in stock! He used the leaf blower to clear out 10 years of lint and my dryer now runs beautifully.
Unfortunately, the Christmas bonus probably has to fill in the gap of 8 hr work days and no
Faith Builder scholarship fund as of yet.  The state budget hold up has trickled down to  that part of our lives.

I finished my litter of chickens

to go with the toss game.

In preparation for Christmas day, I made about 75 dumplings and 48 egg rolls
and didn't want to waste my quiet day, so I took a con-ed course on Bloodborne Pathogens.
I need to keep up with my con-ed if I want to keep my EMT certification.

The other night I thought I saw something unwanted in my pantry, so I started cleaning out.
I had been hoping to just buy those nice canisters from Rubbermaid, but decided not to wait.

I have glass jars and Sharpie markers. I don't have great handwriting but Hope was in bed.
We will have to see how long it lasts...an no, there is not a" before" picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment