Wednesday, December 16, 2015

He's Home!



But first a few things so I remember...and you might find them slightly interesting too.


Shekinah gets bored on her stay-at-home days and I quite frankly am not bored. It would be very easy to let her watch B-bear movies all day, but really how much mama and papa bear can we watch?
I remembered a craft from my elementary school days and thought maybe she could do it without too much supervision. Sure enough! I had to start the wrapping but after awhile she got the hang of it.

And best of all the other kids were impressed, they never saw that particular craft.


Hope and I have been saving our dollars from small jobs and finally
we had enough to buy an overlock! I really debated buying a medium priced ($400) machine, 
but settled for the $199 Brother 1034D off Amazon.
My mom ran a couple dozen diapers on it and we did some dresses,
broke a needle (operator error), and changed out threads a few times and I still like it.
It is noisy, but it has speed!


Then the much awaited Christmas Program. 
I only needed to make one dress this year. Faith could wear Hope's dress from 
Big Brother's wedding in 2011
and a dear friend gave Shekinah a hand-me-down last weekend and it was perfect.


Then finally! We went to the Inter-City bus station (I could write a whole blog post about that bus station. I'm pretty sure it was built in the 70's and only recently enforced the no-smoking rules.
The carpet is probably the original floor covering as it carries the odors of  at least 25 years of cigarette smoke. The ticket holders for the next buses were an interesting mix. There was one middle-aged white man making a number of phone calls. His phone calls included a call to someone in FL in which he compared our weather to theirs- it's the same. Then suddenly he took our Lord's name in vain and called another person and asked why they hung up on him-made me flinch he sounded so angry with Him. Then yet another number and asked for 'Nicole on 3rd floor a social worker'  and did she talk to so-and-so and what did they discuss.  We were distracted when Shekinah noted a woman walking on the sidewalk outside with large strategically placed holes in her jeans, 'MOM SHE HAS HOLES IN HER PANTS' I realized that she was opening the door of the bus station to come in  and I quickly, quietly told Shekinah that we won't talk about other people's clothes. That didn't stop the stares. There were other quiet people sitting and waiting and I wondered about their stories.--OK that is enough)
Finally,just before our parking meter needed to be fed more coins, the right bus pulled in the parking area! Sure enough, one person looked very familiar.
I expected a bus load of tired people to come down the steps, instead a total of three people were on the bus. I didn't realize they would run a bus 63 miles between the two cities for 3 people, but they did and I'm glad!

God gave Ben three seats to himself for the entire flight, so he managed to sleep some of the time.

Madam Shekinah was suddenly shy around "my Ben" but till evening she stuck like a leech.
We saw some of his pictures tonite. It is good that he saved some of the stories till he got home, but he had a stretching time, learned much independence <insert sad face> and will probably find our small house a bit confining.
I saw the title of an article tonite "Go and Let God Stop You" I reluctantly showed it to Ben and he said, "yeah, that's what I've been hearing the last four months."

Zeke responded with " Well, Jesus tells us to be like children, it's like 'get in the way and then He can tell you what to do'."

Well it's time for bed, the house smells good because I finally remembered to make baked oatmeal for my DH's breakfast, maybe I'll have a bowl before bed. I also started some kefir. Update on that tomorrow...or the next day. edited to see if e-mail works




1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your posts, and am surprised that I rarely see comments on here.... As for the serger, I have the very same one. Got it over a year ago, and I really like it. I have friends that have it, and they love it, too. For a number of years I had a Bernette FunLock by Bernina (sadly, it was pulled to a hard floor by a dear child of mine and was broken beyond repair), and I like my Brother even better! I like that craft idea...my 6 yr old bored daughter would enjoy that very much! :-)

    ReplyDelete