Wednesday, September 21, 2016

End of Summer Report

So now that all the kids are in school, why on earth am I not finding time to blog, take pictures and finish projects?
We are flying through September and the "Christmas Quilt" is still in pieces and there has been no sign of that house-cleaning lady. I finally had a phone chat with a friend and still have a sore shoulder from all the catching up we needed to do.
Driver training with Joe is proceeding --"fast enough," I say. "At a snail's pace" he says.

The daily struggle to get enough calories in one dear child in the morning is boggling my mind. She would do best with a  school day that started at 10AM and ended at 5 pm. We have a "rule"at our house,  if you can't eat breakfast, you stay home and you are sick. And by sick I mean you stay on the sofa all day. You may read a book and get up for lunch and bathroom, but otherwise, it's the sofa.
I have not had my children take me up on that too many times, but Monday morning was one of "those" mornings. Everything was overwhelming AND her belly hurt. This one has had that complaint off and on for years and we really can't put a diagnosis to it. So after an orthodontist visit for Joe, we went home and she headed for the sofa. She ended up sleeping about four hours and by 3 PM she was raring to go.  We did have revival meetings every night last week so maybe she really did need to sleep.
Today I bough high-caloried drink mix and she thinks that sounds like a good plan.  But then she thought the energy balls,or the scrambled eggs sounded good too--the night before.

Anyway, on to other things.  We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary.
Goodness we look young...yeah, guess I was...I was nineteen.
We were much more mature at nineteen back then.
We did some day trip stuff to celbrate, took Hope off to the baby-sitter in the morning and were back to pick up the school kids in the afternoon. Spent one day at Longwood Gardens and another day wandering around Ikea's store in Philly...of course we ate out at lunch time.

And guess who pulled a tooth!
The second one is about to fall out too, but IT HURTS!
The adult teeth are both through the gum, but behind the baby tooth. I'm afraid it is going to look a mess in there for a few years.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment