Monday, October 24, 2016

We Had a Vacation!

We went to the beach in October!
Sort of risky I know, the weather was predicted to be cold and windy.
It was...
but not THAT cold and not THAT windy.
I did something else we don't often do, I found a condo, online and went by the reviews 
and picked one that looked good. We were happy with it.

Shekinah had never been to see the ocean,
 but she loved  chasing the waves as much as her sisters did.

I loved the little kitchen, it was missing a few things,
like a toaster and a pancake flipper.

We managed to prep 5 pounds of shrimp and make them two different ways--
deep fried and oven- grilled (on skewers even!)
I had plenty of good help.

The water was still warmer than the air.
And the beach has few shells left on it...the rest are at home in my house! 

The living room area


The beach is right there! straight ahead. We had to drive a bit to get to the 
boardwalk. I figured these people who hadn't been to Ocean City before needed
to see the board walk.  They walked the whole three miles of it too.

Tracking my daughter wasn't hard.

There wasn't a lot of Jana and Ben time...there was a LOT of
Shekinah and Jana time tho'...We did take care of our own kids
some of the time and let the two of them have some time alone.

Really! the beach and winter coats, I was glad I insisted on packing them.

The remains of the shrimp



The sun over the bay

Good-by Beluka Halfmoon Condo. I hope we can manage another trip next year.
Tho next year I plan to actually put our bag of clothes IN the van and not beside the van in the garage. Thankfully the house had a washer and dryer and Jana had a dress along that fit me.
It did give DH and I reason to buy souvenir t-shirts. 

1 comment:

  1. looks like a wonderful trip! We LOVE the beach in the off season, it is beautiful, usually windy, but we often have the place to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete