Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Kitchen Update, Snow Days and Book Club

I need to clean off the kitchen sink and take good pictures. 
The "tiles" are in! We just need to paint the range hood and maybe paint the kitchen chairs.
Tho' it might be easier to buy new chairs.
I just won't take pictures of them.

Nothing like a new project. I decided to do a ministry-type project.
Economy weighted blankets - I don't give many fabric choices- saves my running around all over the place. I will probably do a limited number, but after crunching the numbers for tax time I think
quilts really don't have a very high hourly wage.


Caught Shekinah manning her vegetable stand- not sure 
why she needed a mask.

Then someone had an 18th birthday....that is 17 + 1  as we did not have an "8"
candle. Shekinah thinks we'd better take care of that before June.
We did the hibachi grill thing for supper again.

If you ever want an interesting art project. Have your child draw an animal...imaginary or no.
Then allow them to dig in your scrap box and select the fabrics. 

And see what you come up with.

He was wearing sun glasses then...

Zeke helped her decide that it needs eyes.
This is the project that was tabled until a later date.

I'm thinking that if you are going to make a crazy quilt, you should make it for yourself
or for someone you love.
It is very hard to make color decisions for a person
who simply "wants a crazy quilt". 
She has changed her mind a number of times in the past two years.
I kept pushing the order to the back of the line.

This is the best pattern selection she has come up with but still....
The photo copy she sent is not in actual color...so here we go...
She supposedly is going to do her own embroidery. 
This will give her something to start on, I might never hear from her again!


I like this kind of snow day.
Well behaved snow...it only lays on the grass and very little on the driveway.


Since it is a snow day. Someone decided that playing zoo is lots of fun.

Tho the monkeys are housed in the bathroom and you need a zookeep to open the door for you.



Lest you think our house is just humming along like a top.
I joined a book discussion group
for this book.

QOTD:Shekinah:" I know what I want to be! A teacher, because then I can look at the answers."

No comments:

Post a Comment