Friday, April 2, 2010

"Let the Door Open!"

We have two seasons at our house...."Close the Door" and "Leave the Door Open".

Today was a "leave the door open" day....loved it forgot to take pictures....kids rode bikes...oldest one waxed his car...dad and I painted most of the boys' bed room.

We don't use our air conditioners, mostly because I hate the noise and when the air is running I can't hear the children playing/yelling outside.

Plus I think AC makes my bones ache...yup I'm getting old.

Instead we have old fashioned screen doors on a spring...the ones that slap you on the behind on the way in.

They have their faults, but I love the sound.

Are there any other crazy people who don't use their AC?

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I could survive California heat if I didn't have an AC. I am getting old too, but I think I would overheat without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have air, but we are in Oregon so it's doable without! And when I go into air condition it freezes me! And we have those same two "open" and "close" seasons.

    We LSC waiting for our son as well. Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I totally hate AC!!!! It is never just right. My bones ache too. I carry a sweatshirt to the grocery in summer time.

    ReplyDelete