Friday, April 30, 2010

The Space in My Attic

A few months ago I decided to clean up the attic...sorted out all the treasures...put them in 5 separate boxes.
As I did that I left a space for Liang...well I hoped it would be his space...at that point we didn't know if we even had PA. I wondered for a moment how big of a box I would need for a 10 y.o.'s "stuff". Looking at what my boys had saved...M*tchbox cars
Hess Trucks
Rockets
Rocks
school projects.
I wondered.

This week I thought of asking some of the other families that had adopted from the same orphanage.
I found out there is plenty of room in my attic for what my newest son will bring home!!

The clothes on his back
Not even any shoes for our son's feet
(his burn scars prevent him from wearing shoes)
Maybe a backpack
School books?  Maybe
Did he write any book reports that he is proud of?
No pictures of his friends or the family that was his for 8 years.

I have a BIG space in my attic

2 comments:

  1. Chris, you started a great discussion on the message board. I've followed it closely all week.

    ReplyDelete