Thursday, June 14, 2012

This and That


 Made the pillowcase that goes with the ladybug quilt...I think it's very cute. It was her design.




Then somehow I ended up teaching 8  second grade students for VBS. Thankfully the curriculum is pre-set and I shared duties with another mom. But normally we hand out gifts at the end of the class...So I dug into my get-rich-quick stash and made these bags and filled them with Dollar store items. Hope used her sewing skills for the easy seams and I did the pleats and the hand stitching on the bottom.






This child has been reading non-stop for quite awhile now. She 'teaches' or does SSR. The library's summer reading program was completed in about 3 days.





At the beginning of summer I decided I'd better make a schedule for these structure loving children of mine. The dishwasher is on vacation until supper time so someone has to wash dishes after breakfast and after lunch. Each day we strive to clean one room of the house. That of course is a mom-driven task...so if I'm pre-occupied they play unending games of Rook. I usually send them out the door about the time they start calling names or accusing the other of cheating.


Monday, I am in charge of laundry, but Tues- Fri Hope and Joe take turns doing dark or light loads...keeps it under control.  And yes, you see 'school' listed there, no we are not home schooling, but one of them needs some gaps filled in, and the other 2 LOVE school and Zeke is doing Algebra 1 so he can skip it in his freshman year. Keeps him off the computer.


1 comment:

  1. so creative on the bag, wish you could insulate them for a lunch bag. I would want one.

    ReplyDelete