Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Background Noise

 Yesterday little missy was playing a harmonica for most of the morning, I didn't really notice what she did with it when she finally stopped. Well, last night was the first night of revival services at our church and I allowed her to bring her "church bag" she had forgotten it on Sunday. It went through my mind that I should check through it since she had it in the house all day, but we were in a hurry. Well, you guessed it! She was a wiggle worm during the service and finally she was sitting nicely in my lap. Then Faith poked me and I saw with horror that she was raising the harmonica to her lips. Thankfully we were on the back bench.
 Today she managed to find a 2-note recorder..Two notes because it makes one sound when you exhale an another when you inhale. Well I guess you could count the shrIEK that it makes when you blow really hard as a third note.  She even took it along when we walked out the drive to get the mail....I'm sure all the wildlife ran for cover.  I had to smile anyway...it was much better than the little girl that needed to sit on my lap yesterday when I was trying to sew  AND as she informed me...in two birthdays she can go to school! Then I will miss the noise.
I finally finished this quilt for an order...those angles on the border were a challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment