Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday Baking

We were planning on having the church youth group over after revival meetings tonite, BUT the weather forecast changed my plans.
Had planned to have a hot dog roast and accompanying "stuff" campfire related.

Instead, I made these caramel apple cinnamon rolls  they turned out pretty good...I made them small for more of a bite size idea, but I think a big thick cinnamon roll still looks better. The fun part was the caramel...did you ever boil a sealed can of sweetened condensed milk? After 2-1/2 - 3 hrs you have lovely caramel!.  You put the can in a kettle, fill the kettle with water...keep the can almost submerged for the entire cooking time, because if the kettle cooks dry the can will explode, nothing like cooking with a bit of excitement brewing on the back burner.  Here are the directions
Then I made bread sticks and heated sauce in the crock pot.
Hope helped me make monster cookies.  She even made sure the m&m's matched on the top. sometime I need to take a picture of her organizing!

I warned my family, next weekend I don't plan to do much baking AT ALL I had my fill today.... tomorrow morning I need to get a crockpot of veggies going for fellowship meal after church. Faith peeled almost 5# of carrots for that.  All good stuff, but I don't like my days stuffed quite so full.

Oh then in the afternoon we do get to do some fun stuff...go to the grandparents section of child-birthing classes...wonder how much they changed the methods from 15 years ago?

1 comment:

  1. Did you serve the rolls warm? If so, how did you reheat them? They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete