Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Resolutions?

I'm well aware that the New Year is well started, but my blogging time has been taken up by Anne Perry and Agatha Christie.  You see Shekinah has decided that falling asleep on the sofa is just not that fun, so she begs to "go to bed". Yaay!  but that doesn't mean mom gets to finish up odd chores and write in her journal (blog) no, that means mom needs to "lay beside me". Since I'm an experienced mom, I try to go with the flow and make lemonade out of...well you get the idea.  So I have a small flashlight and I grab my pillow and blankets and I lay on the floor reading until she falls asleep. By that time I'm ready for my bed.

So here goes-- Sunday our minister challenged us with our goals for 2014, not resolutions exactly but more on the line of "If you knew that Jesus was coming in 2014, (or tomorrow) what would you do?" My heart's instant answer was, "bring another child home."  (sorry mom, and DH, don't have a heart-attack). If I really knew exactly when Jesus was coming back, I would do that, we would.  But I fully realize that what I could do for a year, I can't do for 15 years(at least I don't think so).  So then I pulled back a bit, so what can I do?  I think we can all agree, the need for families willing to work with/adopt/foster  hurt children is huge. There are so many angles...
Then in the evening my uncle told of the work in Thailand and the needs in working with young believers/young churches. He spoke of the unreached people groups of the world, but he missed one. I don't think anyone intentionally skips this group...but  the children in orphanages in atheistic countries are an un-reached people group.

No, I didn't come up with any good resolutions.
Then  yesterday I needed something to listen to while I sewed and I looked up Otto Koning, you know "The Pineapple Story" guy.  (If you never listened to his recordings, it's something you should do)  anyway, found one called Treasures in Heaven  then today God Enjoys the Impossible  There is so much to do and we are these small minded people sitting here and looking at things we call 'roadblocks'.
Oh wow! that sounds lofty!

So anyway won't you take the time to pray and ask God what he'd really like you to do for Him in 2014 and then        Get On With It!  Cause check out the time!




No comments:

Post a Comment