Saturday, May 24, 2014

Complicated

The other day I was bringing Hope home from school and she brought up home schooling. Now we have discussed this topic before, but I'm just not sure it is for us.
I asked her why she thinks she should home school...

"Well mom, I think high school would be fun, but I'll be so old by the time I'm finished with school. (She'll be all of 18)  I asked what is her hurry.
"I want to work in a grocery store at the cash register, and I want to teach school, and I want to get married and have children, and I want to be a missionary somewhere.Oh and be a secretary in a public school.* Not in that order. If I stay in school too long, I won't have time to do all that."

"AND", I reminded her, " you need to get home from your mission field in time to visit me on my 'Lucky Wednesdays' (the day's she will visit me in the nursing home).
"Of course! I will be bringing my kids to be babysat."

"Wait why does this have to be so complicated!?"


That conversation gives me the strength to go on, since we had a similar conversation the other week with a sibling who wanted to home school. Their reason was so that they could finish school faster and move out. The problems with that plan were duly pointed out and we will be continuing with regular schooling.


* She fell in love with the idea of secretary work when she observed the secretaries at the local high school while we were getting the boys' working papers for the summer.


Quote for the day: While reading quotes in the "Fishwrapper" he read " I have learned that you can love someone without actually really liking them."  to which he exclaimed "Boy is that true!"
    Faith with the bowl she painted at Pottery Works while on her field trip. It was one of the best souvenirs she's brought home from a field trip!
 Some daddies bring butterflies to their little girls, other daddies bring bumblebees with white faces for their little girls....the ones with white faces don't sting.

             This is what we come home to when hubby and I go out for the evening.

Today we got the news that the young man who has been fighting bone cancer for almost 2 years we
nt home to be with Jesus. Graduation was last night, a very bitter sweet moment for all of us. He didn't get to attend grad, but he did get to the junior/senior banquet last weekend.  We also got word that his maternal grandmother went home just hours before he did. Prayers for the family would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment