Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Things You Find

First official day of summer vacation!

Zeke washed windows and put in the screens.

Joe did a load of laundry.

Hope held school.

Faith attended school.

Shekinah attended school for about half the time and then aggravated her sisters the rest of the time.

After lunch I told the older ones to draw until Shekinah is sleeping...One wise soul mentioned that maybe I should give them an idea what to draw, so today we drew a sphere...in pencil...with shading.....that lasted 1/2 hour.

I was busy re-arranging my sewing room...why? I really don't know. I do have plenty of sewing jobs that I should be working on, but there is a lot of dust in here.  I turned my sewing machine around to face the rest of the room...maybe preventing  a little girl from sitting on my back while I sew?
Cleaning out one room, usually means you make multiple trips to other rooms, so while putting dossier forms in the attic, I decided to grab some old receipt and bring them down to be shredded. While digging through the box I found some old calendar/planners from the days when I was "organized".
Turns out they had been a diary/planner/accounts book and since Hope and Faith can't throw out  a notebook I told them they may look through them....Hope started reading the one from 2002 and of course paged to her birthday...I don't think I'll be throwing out the books after all. It says " Bought Little Orbies doughnuts (tiny little fresh made doughnuts) , one dozen for me and Zeke to share. We each had one and he held the bag on the way home. He asked if he may have one more, I said "yes". When we got home the bag was empty!  I should have known better!"

Then I grabbed the year 2000 and found that on Joseph's birthday, my hubby was an outpatient at the hospital for a biopsy on a lump in his throat!

We have a picture from the day Faith was born...we were taking a walk on the street and Ezekiel and Hope were riding in the wagon.

I just need to find out what we were doing the day Shekinah was born.


   Found these bags in the multitude of China paperwork.




3 comments:

  1. That's so lovely and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is neat that you have record of what happened on your children's b-days!I keep my old calendars so I can look back and see what was happening.Maybe one of these days I will start journaling and actually continue on instead of "forgetting" about it in a few months...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a keeper, too. :-/ I get determined to toss, and I do ok...for a bit...till I find stuff again that I.Just.Can't.Throw.Out. Just has too much meaning!! :-) We moved into a new house almost a year ago and I still have piles and boxes to go through. :-(

    ReplyDelete