Thursday, May 15, 2014

School Daze


How do you handle this stuff? It started Wednesday,phone call from school...
"Mom can you get my 'disciples project' off the computer downstairs and
print it and bring it to school."  Then realizing this mama doesn't do such in the middle of the day...
"Or you could just e-mail the document to Mr..." 
Started the downstairs computer and it gave an error message "just hit F1"
F1 did nothing...I gave up and figured this is one time I have to practice what I preach. "Allow them to fail when it is small things like missed homework."
Then just before it was time to leave for an appointment I remembered that there are two keyboard sitting on that desk...sure enough the keyboard that was off the desk was actually the one hooked to the computer.
This time you were rescued young man.

Next morning, Faith..."mom did you print out the pictures for the church booklet? I need those pictures."
She had been reminding me for the past week, but always during meal prep, or when there were other things falling down on my head.  I asked her to find the church book so I could quickly scan and print the pictures. 
Yup, the book was no where to be found...
Minutes later, Joe...."If you need to buy ink, you'd better get it. I need 15 pictures for tonite so I can finish the time line. Oh, and they are supposed to be high quality pictures,
 the teacher doesn't just want blurry blobs."
  Excuse me?!

I got some pictures for Faith's church project, dropped them off at school after I dropped Zeke off at the funeral.  Later carefully found CLEAR pictures of the 15 items that were carefully listed for me
 and printed them out in high resolution. 
I might have over-reacted a bit when someone needed a picture re-printed because he had nipped off the upper left-had corner instead of the upper right-hand corner.
 I might be biting my tongue while I struggle to mesh a Mac template with a Microsoft word program.

Pulling pictures from the internet to paste onto school projects is probably a copy write infringement of some sort...hmm

Maybe I have to buy them a printer and make them fund it out of their own pockets.
 I am ready for school to be OVER!

                    Always floating along to distract us from homework is this young lady who seems to have daily temper tantrums that are sprinkled with the word "STOP!" and "NO!"  She was doing that about an hour before this picture, but bouncing on an exercise ball and singing "If you're happy and you know it scratch your head" seems to fix a lot of problems.
Quote for the day: Driving to school this morning Shekinah noticed an un-mown lawn "mama there are a bunch of "blowy" things in the grass"  Later on the way home  "Mama how do we get more blowy things in our grass?"

2 comments:

  1. Those "blowy" things are so fun!
    (Am enjoying your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing about your family!

    ReplyDelete