Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Thoughts in April #1

Thoughts running through my mind...what there is of it.

This morning my phone and my son reminded me that son#4 had a follow-up appointment at his Dr to get a second Hepatitis A vaccine. As I told Shekinah...it's because one day he might want to go to an area that was damaged by hurricane and help clean up the mess....or maybe return to Ch*na one day to volunteer. At any rate, he will have that vaccine off his list.

Before we could get out the door for the 8:15 appointment Shekinah needed to have her day-off-school-fit. Not sure why she does this, even she notices when she doesn't have them and comments, "mom I didn't have a fit today."  Getting out the door dressed and combed on a non-school day usually brings it on.  On another week, I needed to drop supplies off at the high school and she was only half combed...as in one pig-tail and one side a wavy mess.  I told her that we need to go to school and she is welcome to come just like that, but "what will Zeke say?"  She quickly decided to pick up all the things she had shoved off the table and pick up the chair and sit on the bench and ask nicely to finish the other side.  Inside I was dancing a jig, outside I said a pleased "thank you".

This morning the basement was too cold to go pick a dress, the food in this house was too unappetizing to choke down, and life was bad. But in the end, I was able to pick a dress (no choosing on her part) I put some dry cereal in a bag and chocolate milk in a cup. Offered to let her go to the doctor's office in her old ratty nightie and messy hair, but I think she worried about what Joe would say and with minutes to spare, we made it out the door with only a few tight muscles in my neck.

She apologized  while we were driving and we had a good day.

Two years ago, well things were a bit harder then.

We went to a big food discount store, selected goodies for the school lunches and after school snacks.

Didn't find the grape juice that DH likes, nor the 10# can of pears that Zeke needs for his upcoming senior trip to Grenada.

Mulling over curriculum choices for homeschooling Hope next year.
She loves the old Kindle I bought from a friend even if it isn't touch screen.

Spent Shekinah's nap time trying to write an article about the different types of adoption and brief description of what it entails.

Son#1 and his family were here for supper tonite. We made ham and cheese roll-ups (in pizza dough) and pizza stromboli.   Marveled again at Parker's language...tonite when Faith asked him what he was doing he said, " I'm working on...daddy's green car."

It's amazing how people's 9:30 bedtime never gets honored anymore.

Last night after managing to force her small hand through the handle of a mug and apparently struggling awhile before Shekinah noted "mom, I'm gonna have to sleep like this tonite!"



No comments:

Post a Comment