Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Library, OVR, and Groceries

No "big job" got pulled from the hat this morning because we had an appointment with OVR (Office of Vocational Rehabilitation ).
That appointment was at the local library so of course we decided to combine library with the appointment. Since all the kitchen clean-up jobs and the load of laundry were finished in record time we ran to the grocery store for pizza cheese and W-mart for a few other items that wouldn't melt in the hot van AND more Citri-strip.
According to my You-Tube research last night, I needed LESS patience not more. I should have
been scraping paint within 30 min of application.  Tried that method tonite along with working smaller areas at a time and I think I might like stripping paint a wee bit better than I did last night.
My shoulder needs an ice pack though.

Since our craft time was used up while at the library, the girls played school after lunch.
and then two of them messed around with mixing paints.
'School" works much better if  A: The youngest student isn't sleepy.
B: I make sure that school only lasts for one hour.



Tonite while I was scraping paint, the yard was ringing with laughter. I had messy hands and the big boys aren't thrilled when I put them on the blog too often so there are no pictures.

Ben was helping Joe, Hope and Faith play Spikeball.
Dad and Ben put up the Slack-Line...there is a learning curve with that.

Then there was some game of "Chase Zeke" with Faith and Shekinah in hot pursuit. Zeke finally got caught "because she doesn't overshoot...can stop on a dime."

Ordered Hope's Bible curriculum  (saved $50 by buying used) and her Abeka Language set, I think I saved money by matching up some teacher's editions that we bought at a second hand shop earlier this year....Again there might be a learning curve here, but tonite I'll figure I saved money.

Time to hit the hay, tomorrow I have only two children home. Today went OK with the addition of a teen, but of course there was that certain dimension of two teens in the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment