Monday, June 6, 2016

Wonderful Weekend


It started like this. Grandma and Grandpa took the girls to the cabin and then to visit the cousins in the northern part of the state. Hubby and I set off for a weekend at an Adoption and Foster Seminar.
It felt weird going to a place where children out-number adults 3:1 and I only had to watch my husband. Actually, I took the opportunity to observe. 
I watched one young dad with amazing skill keep track of his two very busy 4 y.o. twins and his son with other issues as well as note what his older son was telling him and still come back to a conversation he and my husband were having.
Another time I was so wishing for a good stealth camera, an older man with large calloused hands gently holding a three-month-old foster daughter and coaxing her to drink a bottle, while keeping an eye on a four-year-old who was eating supper. The skill he displayed told me this wasn't the first time he had held a little one...probably wasn't even the 50th time.

The mothers that were there were amazing too,but it really struck me this time how capable those fathers were...good job guys, keep it up!

We had a pretty room, meals provided, but I was ready to see my kids again!

After we were home, grandma sent me this picture!
Shekinah had even forgotten to tell me about this.

1 comment: