Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How Big is Your God?

Yesterday I was looking for the author of the saying "God does not call the equipped, He equips those He calls"
My online search came up with this web site.
I found another nugget that I need to remember "Don't tell God how big your problems are. Tell your problems how big your God is."

We just came back from a wonderful weekend. Eight adults, 17 kids from age 18-2. We all (except 3 of us) stayed in the same house. Two bathrooms, one shower, oh and it rained!
It was my family, we normally camp in our front yard and cook over a fire, but this year we decided to drive five hours to my brother's big 3 story house and "camp" at his house and grill on the back porch.
On Sat. after a downpour the kids went out into the puddles in the back yard and threw water at each other. ( My niece has all the pictures) They used what ever they could find to throw the water. It was a blast until they decided they needed a shower. HAH! should've thought of that first!  Anyway, the girls were the oldest and they needed to wash their long manes of hair so they pulled rank and went first. The rest stood in line and dripped.  We washed the little kids one at a time in a big basin of water and called it good enough.
We are all still friends, right Tony?  Wonder whose house we will camp at next year?

2 comments:

  1. Camping at one's house sounds like fun! I will have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I like the idea of "camping" at someone else's house! Then go home to your own neat and tidy home. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete