Wednesday, July 7, 2010

SORRY!

My son is not even home yet and I need to apologize to him!

Three weeks ago I received the letter from the National Visa Center and for some reason I never grasped that we need to scan that letter and send it to our agency.

Today I was reading an e-mail and suddenly I realized what the writer was talking about.

THAT letter!

The one I just said "oh nice!" and filed it in the adoption folder. NEVER thinking it is IMPORTANT!

I remember getting brown envelopes from Guanzhou with our first adoptions and our SW indulgently said "oh yes that envelope, just file it away"

My stupid over sight put us 3 weeks behind! the only thing I can see positive is that I caught it on a Wed morning and hopefully our agency will be able to send someone on Thurs to sign the Article 5 so it can be picked up exactly 2 weeks from today and taken to Beijing. The US Consulate has a rule that paperwork can only be picked up on a Mon or a Thurs.

I guess I just have to figure God wants us in Ch*na on a different time table than what I was figuring. But you can bet I will be a real pest with our agency w/ any piece of official paper that shows in my mailbox!

Sorry Liang! Mama will try to do a better job.

5 comments:

  1. wow things are sure different with the I-800. sorry you are delayed :(

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I am so sorry to hear that. the packet that the agency gave us with the steps. Every time I get something new I look to see what I am suppose to do with it. I hope you are lucky and they can do it today (thursday) Ours is being send today along with two other Madison's families, so maybe you will be with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mama. What a nice way to express that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh golly, that's awful. I'm so sorry, Chris! But you are right...this may be exactly the timing God wants. He certainly could have prompted you to do something with the letter earlier. Don't beat yourself up, girl! It will be fine.

    Yes, things are soooo very different now with the Hague rules. It's so frustrating. BUT the good thing is, once you are in China, there is VERY LITTLE paperwork. It's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry!!! I think the whole new process is so silly. Bryson was one of the very first Hague adoptions and things have changed since then. Like this letter, article 5 and so on. We travelled 12 days after receiving LOA with Hague!!!!

    God's timing....will be perfect. It always is!

    ReplyDelete