Monday, July 12, 2010

I Finished It!!!

After many months of labor. Well, actually I put it away for awhile
because I got very tired of it, but now I am finished.

The quilt with 120 fans....9 pieces in each fan....you do the math, it
was a lot of little pieces.

It was a special order from a grandma....she wanted to replace the very
old tattered quilt and make one similar. She chose the fabrics she had
used to make dresses and nightgowns and curtains for her children and
grand children. The fabric smelled of moth balls, but it was fun
re-making a quilt that will be full of memories.

Each of those points is hand appliqued because there just isn't a good
way to sew those points by machine.

We will see how much money it is worth tomorrow. The adoption fund keeps
growing a bit at a time.

Now I will start on something a bit simpler....a turkey! Show you later.

4 comments:

  1. hannah needs to pay you a lot for that! you continue to amaze me with the quilts. i have no patience for piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!!! There's no way I would have the patience or motivation to stick to a project of that magnitude!

    I'll put my price estimation on it: $10,000+

    How's that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ability to create such pretty handiwork. God blessed you with so you can bless others!

    ReplyDelete