Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What a Weekend

Don't know if the home study and resulting conversations is stirring up
memories, but that was a rollercoaster weekend
From downright rudeness on Friday morning because someone could not
find their lunch container in the fridge and a certain sister would not
allow him to search her lunchbox.
To being upset because a 6 y.o. dares to pick up his library book and
start reading it AND understanding it.
To telling the social worker in the evening that the most important
thing that mom's and dad's can do is show the new child that this is
forever "because it is hard to believe"
Saturday was pretty smooth...
Sunday at breakfast....for some reason someone thought it was a good
idea to run away and live in a cave- until they were informed that you
have to live on wild mushrooms and grubs...the grubs were OK, but "I
don't like mushrooms" Oh, and snakes like to crawl in close when you
sleep in a cave because you are a warm spot....
After this young person was finished eating- running away still seemed
like a good idea, so with much smiling they went out the door without
their coat (I told them it was my son's coat and they couldn't take
it-wrong I know now, but I was hoping the cold air brought him in sooner)
With much wailing and crying (faked) the girls of the house raced to the
window to watch the figure slowly walking out the drive...looking back
every other step. We decided to wait until he actually rounded the bend
in our drive (thus not being able to see the house) then we figured we'd
better start worrying....
Just as he started getting chilled he came back and discovered he had to
ring the doorbell because he'd forgotten to unlock the door.
We of course left him in...
In the after noon...more challenges on the required hour of silence in
our home (from 2-3) because we were going to church in the evening.
We realized that silence and quiet is troublesome...bad memories intrude
in those times...somehow God gave me the right words and I suggested
that he write his bad memories on a piece of paper...pray over it...and
then throw it in the trash.
He looked at me in amazement "Does that work?"
I told him God is much stronger than mama or daddy (he agreed) and He is
the one to take away bad memories and I left it in God's hands.
Quiet time went well...he started out by writing and throwing...we
offered to read it with him ,but gave the option of secrecy
He slept a bit
Mon AM "Guess what mom? God answers prayers" I just said "yeah, I
know." (Maybe I should have hi-fived and danced around the kitchen, but
I didn't want to seem surprised)
But today he started on the subject of running away again and was sure
he could find parents that could love him more....I assured him that was
impossible. I also told him the story of God showing us his file and how
we knew after looking at a number of other files that we had finally
found the right child for our family. Told him that I never had a say in
choosing my child before...
Then tonite he thought that it would be better to run away than take the
table cloth outside and shake it.... I gave him a dirty look and he
laughed and said "OK, mom." And he came for a goodnite kiss...
You know...you may pray for us.....






1 comment:

  1. Praying, friend. Would be interested to hear his explanation of what prayer was answered. Praying and walking with you, though there are miles between us.

    ReplyDelete