Thursday, April 12, 2012

Burning the Candle

at both ends.
Last evening I realized we had church AND I still needed to come up with hostess gifts for Ben to take along for their Gospel Team tour. Our high school chorus goes on tour at the end of the school year. This year they are headed south and will hopefully sing at Duke University chapel, a prison, and a camp for troubled girls...and a few churches. Anyway they are hosted in people's homes and we try to send some small hostess gifts for each place.
Quickly now...what can I make and still keep my vow to stay at home as much as possible this week?
I searched the internet for a pattern for re-usable grocery bags...found a pattern that is taken from those common plastic t-shirt bags and got to work...

By 11:00 PM I had 4 of them made, but today my brain was a bit fuzzy.

Looks just like a t-shirt...big deal!!




But I did manage to add the borders to this 100 Best Wishes Quilt. I love what we came up with. After I finish this one and one other I will take orders. Contact me and we can talk details.




2 comments:

  1. Greetings. I enjoyed reading your blog and see how amazing love changes the lives!

    I am a member of Chinese Bible Church of Lancaster.Pastor Luo told me you brought Liang to our church once, but I missed it. I recently study a course in international adoption. I am very interested in your experience and wisdom in building a warm family for these hurting but lovely children. I wonder if you are able to meet or talk for a short interview --I am very interested in working in this field after graduation; my husband and I are also consider adopting a child. I would truly appreciate your precious advice.

    My email is lynn.ln.huang@gmail.com I look forward to your reply.

    In Christ's Love,
    Lynn Huang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris! My name is Faith Thompson and I ran across your blog this morning... saw this quilt and just had to tell you how beautiful I think it is! (My sister-in-law quilts so I know how much time it takes!) GORGEOUS!!!

    Faith

    ReplyDelete