Friday, April 27, 2012

One Year Older...Wiser?

 EEEK...I'm not 50 yet, but I am one year older
After I sent the kids off to school.
 I met DH for breakfast at a local Smorgasboard that  gives free birthday meals.
Then I went off to work at the sub stand at Green Dragon.

Stopped at the local grocery store for the special of  2 cheeseburgers and a bag of chips for $2.75
Ordered 6 "specials" I won't be winning any awards from the diet police or the wonderful much-quoted health book that my 4th and 5th graders use....I HATE that book!




 Anyway...I was sort of wondering if there would be dessert and I was not disappointed. I got a "plant"   DH mixed up ice cream and non-dairy whipped topping...added crushed cookies and a plant




Then they told me to sit on the sofa and "don't look!"  
Then they threw balloons at me...you never know what to expect with this bunch...
but since I had a similar gift 3 years ago, I knew what was up.




I got to pop 45 balloons, but inside each balloon was a note from one of them saying something nice about me..."you are a good cooker, Thank you for reading the same book to me every night, thanks for the good food, thank you for adopting me, I love you, thanks for being dependable,thanks for being someone I can talk to"....and some that made me just smile. Some of the children were very curious about those "what did daddy write? when he was writing them he had a big smile...like this"





Afterward there was a big mess for them to clean up and I have a bag of notes...oh and a bag of chocolate covered coffee beans did you ever have them?

4 comments:

  1. AWWWWW!!! That is SO SWEET!!

    What a lovely birthday, friend!

    Even if you did have a balloon mess afterwards.

    I love it!!!

    Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Chocolate covered coffee beans are yummy (and a good thing because you can't pig out on them - you can only eat a couple at a time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. you aren't even close to me and the big 5-0 :) hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete