Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Flip Flop Weather!

The other day I was doing Hope's birthday shopping on Am*zon, while I was there I checked out the flip flops. Last summer I bought my first pair in years.
 I wasn't sure they would work since I need extra arch support in my shoes.
 I was pleasantly surprised they were very comfortable and I barely wore shoes the entire summer.
Well I haven't been able to find the same style/size/brand again.
 S*ms doesn't seem to be carrying Spe*do brand flip flops this year.
But I found a pair on Am*zon.
I opened the box when only Joe was in the house.
 He looked at them and said, " I thought you said that wasn't Hope's birthday gift."
I said, "It's not, they're mine."
He had this stunned look on his face...the kind of look he gave me when I said I'd like to buy stilletto heels ( I was kidding that time), and sort of did a "humph".
Later on I was wearing them while pitching a few balls for Hope. Joe was supposed to be fielding...after awhile he says...I don't know why you would buy those flip flops, they are smaller than the ones you had last year. They just look small, your foot sticks out the back."
I think I will just call him "an old man"! 

The girls however rose to the occasion...every few minutes, "mom I like your new flip flops!"


It's also time to play in the sand before we set up the pool.
 I don't believe Shekinah played in sand before. She doesn't seem to know what to do with it.
 She also got a really funny look on her face when she walked barefoot in the grass last night, but today she acts like a pro, so I don't believe that was a first.




I know sand is hard on matchbox cars....but they sit in a box otherwise.

Finally finished this one...I don't think it should be hung on a bedroom wall...too much energy.
You wouldn't sleep!





Here are some pictures of softball practice that is going on around here.

Thanks to Ben for teaching Joe how to connect with some force and teaching Hope to have some confidence and get some decent hits.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to be getting your blog. I so enjoy seeing the 'inside' of your family life. Seems so real.... :-)

    ReplyDelete