Monday, April 15, 2013

Organizing


I am not the world's most organized person...that is probably the understatement of the year. But every now and again I get in the mood.
The children have been on the look out for newly cleaned spaces.

I did not take a picture of "before" under the bathroom sink.
This is the only storage in our bathroom (besides the back of the commode).
So everything needs to fit in here of lay on the floor. Guess where most of the stuff goes?
So I decided to do something "drastic", according to my towel folders.
I started rolling the towels, they actually seem to stack better and my help seems to be able to
keep them in the cupboard. There were times that the ....well let's just say the door didn't close.
Then I got shoe boxes and separated the shavers from the first aid supplies.
Gathered the travel stuff and relegated that to the upstairs bathroom.
Now to see how long we can keep it looking this way.

Then there is this cupboard. I am not fancy enough to have all stackable Tup*erware.
And I don't think I'm rich enough, but I decided I AM rich enough to ditch the  containers
that were lidless.
Then I made another reckless decision and actually threw away all the containers that originally held sandwich meat and were all slightly different sizes and had red, yellow or clear lids.
I broke out a NEW pack of throw away containers...you know Take N Toss
or whatever they are called. Cost me $1.99!
Now my leftovers reside in containers with blue lids.



Then I left sweetie pie wipe down the cupboard shelves....

Corralled all the water bottles, stacked all the metal dishes, nested the large kettles
and large Rub*ermaid containers (there is one prized Tup*erware in there)
and now we will need to revisit that cupboard in about ______months.


On Saturday I tackled this shelf
 I generously gave myself one hour...funny lady!
Between running in  to check why there was so much screaming coming from my inside cleaning crew and chasing dust raccoons (bigger than bunnies) it took me two hours.
At one point I told one of the tattle tales that I will give them one more job
Together
and if I hear ANY screaming or tattling they will work ALL afternoon
Even IF it means sweeping the carpets 60 times.
There was miraculous silence and the kitchen floor got "redd up"


The sad thing is....at this rate I'm going to have to start over by the time I'm get to the last grungy corner of the house...ah well, nothing else to do anyway.

2 comments:

  1. The same bug bit me.... grungy corners are getting cleaned and I am sure my raccoon's are bigger than yours! Happy scrubbing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice!Do your kiddos by any chance,like marshmallow creme? :)

    ReplyDelete