Monday, January 9, 2017

Rocket Roosters and Kitchen Aid mixers


I am so happy for a husband that will at least try to fix most anything that breaks around here. The other week I was "just looking" at a new Bosch mixer and was showing DH how great they are and debating if I would buy that brand when my Kitchen Aid gives out.
That was only 3 weeks ago!
He was wondering if I tried mixing cement or something so that this one breaks...the very idea!
This Kitchen Aid has quite a history, the first one we bought stopped working 11 months after we bought it. I called Kitchen Aid citing the one year warranty and I had a new mixer withing days.
That mixer stopped working fourteen months later (one month after my birthday) so I called the company again. I gave the lady a long story about how much I love the Kitchen Aid but would really like a model that lasts longer than one year. "Does Kitchen Aid have a good model or would a Bosch be the brand I should be looking at?"
I had a new Kitchen Aid within 2 days.
This one lasted more than five years so I don't think they will go for that spiel again.
Now my hubby knows how to fix them, you watch a youtube video and order the parts online and I have a working mixer a mere 4 days later.
I missed the best picture of Shekinah carefully holding the flash light for daddy while he lined up all the moving parts inside there. But I don't think he will take it apart again so we can re-do that shot.

We are making progress on this turkey.

Another Shekinah quote for you: For some reason we were discussing rockets and moon landings and rocket boosters at supper the other night. Miss Shekinah was doodling in her leftovers on her plate. She pipes up "So what are rocket roosters? Do they go rocka-rocka- roo?"


No comments:

Post a Comment