Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Turning 50

No, I'm not yet 50, but my family reminded me on Saturday evening that the day is rapidly approaching. I always thought that people who fuss about getting old are a little silly.

BUT
Suddenly, I'm in a reflective mood, I've noticed lately that I don't remember things as well as I once did, new skills take concentration. I can't just quickly learn a new system of doing something...
I mean, I did get Windows 10, but I know I don't use all the fancy schmanchy features.
My body occasionally just lets me down and I think I found ANOTHER gray hair.

So if the next 50 years fly past as fast as the last 50 years, did I do what I thought I wanted to do?

What did I actually want to do in life?

God has led our family down some unexpected roads, so that my plans from thirty years ago are no longer applicable.
So becoming a flight nurse--or riding in a medical helicopter at least once--is probably out.

Becoming a paramedic is probably off the list too--but I would like to start an real IV at least one time.

Getting a horse or at least a pony--ahh no longer on the list.
Though I wish one of the girls would show an interest in horses.
Maybe we'll get a dog one of these days--or maybe we will just keep Zoe,( son#1's dog for the week when the new baby shows up.)

I once announced in 9th grade that I would become the first woman President
that job hasn't been taken yet and I guess I'm actually not too old for it--
but somehow it has lost it's glamour.


So what have I done and what is there to do?
Gotta think.


Shekinah:" I'm going on a candy diet (what it turned out she meant is a "no-candy" diet) for two years!" She did  well for her first day, she refused a chocolate chip cookie, cut off the frosting from her sweet roll (because someone called it candy) and asked her tutor for peanuts instead of candy for her snack.
I really don't know what set her on this path, questioning didn't give us the answer. You should have seen the look she gave Joe when he offered her a piece of candy! 




2 comments:

  1. There are a few families from school that don't do candy. Maybe it's catching on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy soon to be 50 friend! I am right behind ya!!! You make it look great!

    ReplyDelete