Saturday, September 14, 2019

Anniversary in China...Again

People and city living, I think I like the country a bit better, but for and occasional two weeks I can love the city.


I really wonder how many people he was planning to feed with all that rice.
No, I didn't bargain with him to get a few plates full.




Guangzhou--Shamain Island

Shekinah posing in the middle of  the Chen clan family academy.

Discussing some of the architect...or maybe politics with our guide.
I love when God pulls strings and we get the same guide three different times in Guangzhou.
We used different agencies and different reasons to be in this city in 2010, 2012, and 2019, but we had the same guide for this city each time.
He doesn't look any older!
Not sure how he does it.

Even though the White Swan is totally renovated they saved one red sofa for 
memory's sake. We almost didn't fit on one anymore....did they shrink the sofas?


With Mid-Autumn festival and National Day approaching, the 
cities are well decorated.


Happy 33rd Anniversary dear! 
Maybe next year we'll go somewhere alone.
Nine years ago, we were in this country celebrating our anniversary 
and the addition of a son.


Mr Chun came to our hotel today and painted some scrolls
for us, he does hand /finger painting and brush painting.
The fingerpainting he does isn't anything like they teach in kindergarten.

Shekinah is thinking longingly of chicken corn noodle soup and hot dogs.
I got a compliment today from Faith, my dumplings are better than the ones we had here.
Hope is probably the only one that isn't thinking longingly of the food at home....I declare that girl has a hollow leg.
I'm sort of ready to get back into a larger house, but there is something about this minimalistic lifestyle that I like...or maybe the idea of not cooking and having a maid come in to take out a portion of the washing every day...and swiffing around with the mop or vacuum....
yeah that part is pretty nice.
We do miss some little people from home pretty bad and Shekinah and Faith miss the dog too.

No comments:

Post a Comment