Sunday, April 19, 2020

Challenging Times?


 I don't know if we can really call them challenging and yet... We are definitely living in different times. I think the biggest reality check I had was when I went to our local grocery store and saw many shelves completely bare. And Sam's club says they are out of Ramen noodles! Yes, we see that kind of thing when a snow storm is predicted, but the next visit to the store has the shelves stacked back to normal.
 Of course the other big change is the masks, we used to smile smugly about other country's customs of wearing masks when out and about. After the thousands of home-made masks that home-based sewers have made in the past few weeks, I'm thinking we all should have plenty.  "No, my dear, you don't need to have one to match every dress."

I am thankful that my husband's job was deemed "essential" or we wouldn't have any more trees in the forest in front of our house. Actually he was planning to take trees down sometime this summer and just started earlier.

 I am very thankful that we didn't have a graduating senior this year. I also learned something about myself--as much as I complain about running around on the road, I do like going away!
We of course decided to join the thousands of people doing home improvements. This week out new roof was put on. It was scheduled in March and the virus postponed it.


 I reupholstered my old recliner.




 If you figure the time it took, it really wasn't less expensive than buying a good used one, but right now I have time, not money. (My CPR classes have all been cancelled for a few months). The chair turned out pretty good. It's still a used chair, but it's ours.
 Now that other chair looks really bad....do I?


The girls repainted their room with a little help him dad and Zeke. 
Now all the stencils from the days of  the little boys are gone.
From the sound of the plans I heard, the room will look quite a bit different.


Shekinah thought a mask might help cut the odor, but decided it was too hot.


 I miss going to church with other people. The one thing I started doing that I will miss when church resumes is illustrating my sermon notes. Somewhere along the line, I found watercolor pencils and I rarely get the chance to use them.
 Our small youth group had had to cancel all their planned events. But the youth advisers came up with a few home-based activities. One week they were challenged to cook a meal for their family and take photos for their chat group. They then voted for the best looking meal. There were some pretty impressive meals, but I know the one at our house was very good. Hope worked most of the day to present this meal and I didn't. That makes a delicious meal every time.

That dog is spoiled!

QOTD: Daughter that was supposed to clear the table after supper,"Wait, I'll just eat the rest of that stuff so I don't have to put it in a container for the fridge."

QOT Week: " Long Division!!! That's not how my teacher does it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment