Sunday, May 3, 2020

More Quarantine Birthdays and ...


So I had my birthday "Plan B" all figured out. We'd order Mexican food from a
local restaurant. I even checked if they were open on a Monday.
BUT
I didn't fact-check the info. Turned out they were not open
on a Monday.
BTW Facebook had the correct info this time--Social media for the win.
Meanwhile a friend/customer messaged me and said she could pick up her order.
She and I had worked on the design for a few weeks/months and I finally think we came up 
with a practical design that she liked...well maybe I'll have to add short handles yet.
We'll see
She wanted a flap "cause who has time to close zippers"
She wanted a bag that converted to a backpack.
And an inside pocket 




I added the rings to the sides so that she can shorten up the handle a bit more.

The great thing about leather is that unlike fabric, you don't worry about frayed edges
and can just add a piece to the design later if you want.
BUT
the bad thing about leather is that after you make the stitching holes, you have to be very
creative if you want to remove an element and cover up those holes.

I decided I needed a creative way to deliver the leather bag.
I repurposed a rice bag. I was sort of pleased with myself
Since it was my birthday I had decided I would do things that I was interested in doing.
That was one of  the things I enjoyed about the day.

The next thing I enjoyed about the day was that my friend/customer found out my birthday
was this day and she showed up with whoopie pies.
I sat down and enjoyed one and read a book at 10 in the morning --another thing I don't normally allow myself to do.

I also used my daughter's French press to try a hack that Shekinah told me about. I used it to froth my warm milk for my coffee.  It worked!
(Shekinah loves to watch kitchen hack videos and occasionally remembers them at just the right time)


Since supper plans didn't work out, we continued to "Plan C" which involved my husband making a delicious supper complete with a chocolate cake.

Really, things worked out for the best, I didn't cook supper for two nights in a row because we did the Mexican food the following night.



The other cool thing about my birthday is that I share it with my grandson (and at least 5 other people that are close acquaintances)  But is is fun to share it with this little guy.
I'm exactly 50 years older than he.

What did he get Shekinah?

I got this mop and bucket and Hope bought me a frying pan that I've been wanting.

This week I hope to finish up this bag.
It's available $125 
Message me for a description.

Check out my Instagram page HFS Leather for more info on these.




Shekinah used another hack to carry her eggs into the house.
The original hack had you use a backwardly (is that a word?) worn  hoodie
to hold popcorn.

View during church this morning...we are going to have to brush up our
listening skills when normal church resumes.

A few crab apple blossoms that I stole from a tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment