Sunday, August 23, 2020

The Summer of 2020





This summer has been a long one. I enjoyed a lot of it. This little one has been
a joy. She likes her "gu-gu" and her "grandma". For whatever reason I have been "gu-gu"
to this little one and her older brother. "grandma" is her other grandma.

She's easy to babysit and hasn't gone through the stage where I was only tolerated like most of my grands have done at one point or another.
The other necessity for this summer was a new set of swim suits for the girls and
for the first time--myself. Hopefully these last for three years like the last set did.



After finally finishing the patio we had a stretch of hot and humid weather and really
didn't feel like using it.

Then the past two weeks were blissful.
I think I should try to come out here for my morning devotions, but
somehow the kitchen table still works the best.
This girl has spent the summer honing a new skill...
well actually a few--one was a cartwheel- no it's not perfect but she has worked hard.
I'd love to share the video she made when learning the skill,
 "Even you, at any age can learn a new skill"

Trash can sitting isn't one of them, but a decent level of typing proficiency and 
I broke down and bough Times Tales download and I think we have mastered those
pesky times tables once and for all.
We had a small scare when a raccoon decided to spend the day in our garage acting very out-of-the-ordinary. After it hid behind a pile of salt bags, and wouldn't come out we/he took drastic measures.



As of this summer we know much more about "universal precautions" than at
any other point in history.

Ohh and stay tuned for an announcement from Once Mine Boutique in BlueBall.

A great summer project...splitting ice with hammers, looking for treasure.



Then suddenly it's August 8 or 10 or something and
 I FORGOT to register my home schooled student!!!
You get a letter in the mail.




We are trying to play more board games...The Logo game is a new one for us.
We're learning new things.

And since our youngest has never slept in a tent...outside, we needed to do that this past weekend when the older kids were away.
She snapped a picture of her sleepy old parents.
Because Saturdays are still not a day to sleep in!


"We aren't going to bring in any caterpillars this year."
Until we did.
Then two more came in with the food for the first ones.
This one snuck in with a tomato that I brought in in the rain...so we didn't have to feed him.





No comments:

Post a Comment