Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

We had a fairly low-key Christmas...our excitement came on Christmas Eve.  We hauled all the gifts down stairs on Thursday night and had Little Brother very excited...he was up bright and early on Friday morning...said he couldn't sleep.
We don't do a tree and I had only finished wrapping the gifts...so he had no idea that gifts for 9 people would make such a big pile.
After he opened his first gift...he wondered where his motorcycle was? I tried to tell him I had no idea he had asked for a motorcycle....the next gift was his motorcycle....unfortunately by the next day the cycle no longer is working...I will have to contact A*r Hog* and see about a replacement....he was asking "how much for  a new motorcycle?"



The rest of the kids enjoyed their gifts, but I think it was the most fun to see his eyes light up when he knew the gifts were for him....he was jealous over the slap bracelets....he thought I gave Sister 3 and he only had 2 in his shoe box (our version of a Christmas stocking)   I reminded him that no one else got a motorcycle and a He*s truck ....his face went still for a minute and suddenly the slap bracelet wasn't as important.



Then we had to have a birthday cake for our newest teen...my Christmas gift 13 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas. Thank you for sharing...I'm a new reader, but not new to adoption. Your blog is making me think about adopting an older child.

    ReplyDelete