Thursday, December 30, 2010

Figured It Out!

I have been trying to figure out what Youngest Brother likes for
breakfast. He told me a few times, "breakfast in America, no good."
I made congee, the girls scarfed it up....but he ate it slowly and
didn't ask for it....hmmm.
Finally we have enough English, it was corn....ground up....oh! cornmeal
mush?....(polenta for the refined folks)
"no,no mama, not milk".....no son just cornMEAL (not milk) and water

"no, not corn flour, bigger...like little rocks..."

Grits!!? you think? so today I bought a small box of grits and SURE
ENOUGH! They should be yellow, but it tastes right! Not even much
salt....just corn and water...
Where do I find yellow grits? South of the Mason-Dixon line I'm
guessing....
OK, that mystery is solved.

Oh, the other picture....just a snow man... in a tree....later he wore
safety goggles, held up by a nose made out of a dead battery.

6 comments:

  1. That's funny. I tried to feed Wenxin grits and he said, "No way." He thought they looked like milk and he's not having anything to do with milk. He started out eating two boiled eggs for breakfast every single morning. Now he wants breakfast cereal like the other kids - but with no milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you solved the breakfast mystery :-)

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!!! I was raised on grits...and raised my kids on grits. Funny thing is, when we first brought Grace home from China it was the only thing we could get her to eat. :)
    If you ever need me to pick some up for you at the store, just let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oka, I am going to FL soon, and Dallas too. Will be on the lookout for yellow grits for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i'm going to florida too--let me know if you want more grits! no one here will eat them except Tom who is a Southerner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grits ... down south here. Most of our grits are white these days. Just use a lot of butter and they indeed appear yellow. ;o)

    in SC

    ReplyDelete