Sunday, November 18, 2012

For This Week

In the spirit of Thanksgiving....we will be instituting austerity measures in this house.

One night a week will be meatless

 Don't they look yummy? ( no Demetrius, I'm not asking you)
BTW austerity  night will be a Wed. night, so don't worry.
Actually this bean soup is very good especially if you use salsa instead of the tomatoes. So one meal will cost about $4 to feed a family of 8.

In the spirit of remembering the difficulties of our forefathers we might also go ice cream-less one night a week.  Not sure if I can handle the wailing that will go with that announcement. There are some children in this house that think their meal is not complete unless accompanied by ice cream.

I might also be singing the praises of melatonin...we will see how tonite goes...but last night was definitely better...she woke around 1AM, but when I appeared with my pillow, she crawled back into her bed.  I bedded down on her floor and didn't even fall asleep before I could hear that she was asleep again. That is a marked improvement over the past few nights.  She had been waking very anxious and looking around the room as if searching. She was also refusing to go up to her room with the girls, before this she loved her bed and always wanted to go to bed when they did.

Tonite she asked to go up to bed after relaxing on my lap for awhile.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I will also list 10 things a day

1  A husband that gets up on a Friday night for the crying baby.
2. A son who gives up his Saturday to clean up soggy houses.
3. Crisp fall days
4. Blue sky behind rust brown leaves
5. Snapping dark eyes
6. Ramen noodles
7. wood stove warmed bathroom floors
8. cell phones
9. I can still kick a soccer ball (far enough to make my 12 y.o. marvel)
10. Apologies before bed

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I JUST made that exact same bean soup a few weeks ago! I had never made it before but it was delicious! I happened to have had some smoked sausage in my freezer, so I sliced it up and to add to it. It was really yummy! And you are right, it will be great with salsa! Yum!

    I LOVE your list. Especially #7 and 9. :)

    ReplyDelete