Thursday, November 15, 2012

With a 2 Year Old Around!

This morning during the breakfast and school prep rush, a sheepish youngster came into the kitchen.
"I stapled my finger" he said...mournfully.

I really could not fathom how that could have happened since the finger he was showing me was on his dominant hand.

"How on earth did that happen and where?" I tried not to sound too exasperated.

"I was looking for my bibliography cards on daddy's desk. I leaned down and the stapler stapled my finger."  (note: this is a regular every day stapler...not a high-powered nail gun)


This statement raised a number of questions in my mind.

#1 Daddy's desk is sacred, NO ONE is supposed to mess with things on daddy's desk. NO ONE is to add papers to daddy's desk.

#2 Given those rules - how on earth could a pile of bibliography cards have appeared on daddy's desk, next to the stapler?

I may have quietly and unemotionally asked those questions.

The answer was, "Well with a two year old in the house, you never know!"


The cards were found in some other innocuous locale after the staple wound was suitably cleansed so as to avoid gangrene.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment