Thursday, May 2, 2013

Learning Her Colors- Ectrodactyly

 I was beginning to worry that Shekinah was color-blind.  I (well, Hope painted them for me) even made these puzzle type color blocks out of advertising magnets. She would match the shapes, but seemed clueless about the colors. Everything was "green?"
 I thought my children were knowing some of their colors at 2 almost 3, but she didn't seem to recognize the words even when I used Chinese words for "red", "green" or " blue". I know there can be eye issues with ectro, but didn't think color blindness was one of them.
Today I pulled these baby toys and noticed that there were still five matching color pairs.
And she got it!  Not sure which cheesy smile looks the best. So I'll give you both.

  Then just to raise the bar a bit, we linked the pieces together. She can do it, she just needs to be a bit more of an engineer and figure out the best place to hold things. Her palm area is a bit smaller than other kids.
Quote of the day:   "Mama, where Ben?  Ben go on bus? Ben go on airplane? Where Ben sleep?"

From an older child:  " I couldn't believe my mouth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment