Friday, May 17, 2013

Teaching Her to Play

 This youngest one does not know how to play alone. I understand why, but I'm not a very good teacher.
So one day she spent about an hour sitting on the porch "waiting on daddy" She was drinking some very red cherry slushie (bad mom)
 Today it was nice and sunny, so I left her "paint" the sidewalk. The other day I gave her a tiny bit of water and had her paint some papers. She was so proud of the results she hung it on the refrigerator...all on her own. It took me a moment to realize why she was showing me this wrinkled up school paper. She had it carefully attached to the fridge with magnets.
 But today she ran out of paint so I told her to fill up at the well. Somehow she just got wet.
 This is how she likes life...full of siblings. 
 Patient big brothers are just the best!
Then to wind down with the business section....
Summer vacation starts next Saturday, we will see how she fares with five bosses all day long.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, can she be any cuter????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! My 4 year old, adopted 2.5 years ago, does not play by herself. She has partial arms yet no hands. She still does most every thing other kids do. I am weary of this to the point that I find myself needing more time away from her. She has siblings that play with her but when they are busy, it's back to me. You say you know why. Please fill me in. She constantly needs attention.

    ReplyDelete