Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer Skool

I'm thinkin' he's wishin' he wouldn't a said it....BUT

The other day there was an incident involving a very strong emotion. We have strong emotions daily at this house, after all, we have three girls. But, strong emotions acted upon when you are a teen, just look a little different.

Anyway during the debriefing afterward, someone told me that he is bored and wishes school would last all year long.
And why can't I give him schoolwork because he isn't good at teaching himself.
I asked if he really means what he is saying and I was assured that he indeed does mean what he is saying.

SO...
on Monday  I assigned him an essay...two pages long....on the strong emotion called "anger"
It is due July 8 and shall be in proper English, with commas and periods and capital letters. He shall tell me what the Bible has to say about anger, when it can be good and when it is wrong. Give examples of both types from the Bible and from real life...also what type of consequences did the people bear from acting upon their anger.

So far I found out that we never told him what actually happened to Cain after he killed Abel...or he wasn't listening when they studied it in school...and that he thought anger is always a sin.

Turns out that I always thought Cain's mark was on his forehead, when actually the Bible doesn't say where or how God marked him.

Oh and he also didn't think I would give him THAT kind of assignment "rough draft?!"  "re-write?!"  "You can't grade me though"
I have an ace up my sleeve...Hope wants an assignment too and there is a website that will grade papers for me.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, email me the website, I want help grading papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I homeschool and I would not mind some help grading papers too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I homeschool and I would not mind some help grading papers either! :-)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete